LIPU - Lega Italiana Protezione Uccelli is a large part of my life and is explained elsewhere in this site. However, we in LIPU-UK, the British branch, have many supporters and helpers, here listed in alphabetical order - find out more about them.
- Bird Holidays, of Yeadon, Leeds, long term members and supporters, were the first bird tour firm to become completely carbon - balanced. Great destinations and superb leaders.
- Bird Images Video Guides by Paul Doherty.
- Lynx Editions, publishers of HBW, and much more, including the Birdwatchers Guide to Italy.
- Mailcoms, made our mailing needs less costly with excellent support.
- World Land Trust, forget green taxes, support this charity and make a difference.
- Zeiss UK offers conservation charities a bursary to make their attendance at the Birdfair possible.
* * *
I'm frequently asked for details of where to go and what birds to see in Italy, so here are a few good links:
LIPU Reserves (Oasi) and Recovery Centres (CRFS) by Region, but all may be found through the LIPU site:
Emilia Romagna Puglia Bologna Recovery Centre (CRFS) Gravina di Laterza close to Laterza Costiera dei 4 Comuni near Cesenatico Salinella in the province of Taranto Celestina near Campagnola Emilia Isola Bianca near Ferrara Sardinia Giardino delle Capinere (CRFS) near Ferrara Carloforte the reserve of the Eleonora's Falcon Bianello near Reggio Emilia Torrile near Parma, one of LIPU's flagship reserves Sicily CRFS Enna in Orientata Rossomanno Grottascura-Bellia di Enna Montallegro in Agrigento province Lazio Bivere di Gela in Caltanissetta province CRFS BioParco in Rome CRFS Bosco di Ficuzza in Corleone CHM Ostia Lido (Centre for Mediterranaean Habitat) (in English) Isola delle Femmine near Palermo Castel di Guido near Rome Saline di Priolo near Siracusa Liguria Toscana Arcola in the province of La Spezia Sovicille in Siena province Santa Luce in the province of Pisa Lombardia CRFS Vicchio di Mugello in Firenze province Bosco Negri in Pavia CRUMA Livorno (Recovery Centre for Marine and Waterbirds) Bosco del Vignolo near Pavia Campocatino in Lucca province Cesano Maderno in the province of Milan Montepulciano in Siena province CRFS La Fagiana 30 km from Milan Massaciuccoli in Lucca province Palude Brabbia (Brabbia Marsh) near Varese Lancone di Gussola in the province of Cremona Trentino Alto Adige Paludi Ostiglia (Ostiglia marshes) near Mantova Molise Veneto Casacalenda in Campobasso province Centro Cicogne Silea in Treviso province CRFS Casacalenda (see Centro Recupero) Cave Gaggio in Venezia province Ca' Roman in the Venice lagoon Piemonte CRFS Asti (still under contruction) CC Racconigi (White Stork Centre) near Cuneo (in English) Crava Morozzo in Cuneo province
- The Hubble Space Telescope ( HST) seems to send back ever more spectacular images, look at the one of the planet Saturn in the archives...
- And finally, if you'd like to see examples of my bird photography they can be see here.